<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, April 29, 2005

MASON ADAMS, R.I.P.

I could have done without the Smuckers ads, frankly, but "Lou Grant," was a major force in my life. I feel more and more like an old fart every time I tell a young journalist that I was surprised to learn about copy editors because I don't remember seeing copy editors on "Lou Grant," but that show -- in which Adams played Managing Editor Charlie Hume -- was huge when I headed to college.

It's also the first entry on my "shows I wish were on DVD" list.

The first "Dragnet" episodes arrive soon, but still on the list:

  • "The Paper Chase."
  • "It's Garry Shandling's Show."
  • "The Days and Nights of Molly Dodd."
  • "Parker Lewis Can't Lose."
  • "The Rookies."
  • "Toma."
  • "Ed."
  • "Cupid."
  • "Relativity."

    And, hugely:
  • "The David Letterman Show" (the original, the morning one).


    If I'm wrong about any of these shows not being on DVD (aside from maybe one "Rookies" episode), I'll be thrilled.



  • This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com