<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

MAD MARCHNESS.

It's that time of year again when I start foaming at the mouth for no good reason. Never mind the fact that such a pedestrian exercise as the annual college-basketball tournament is elevated to national-holiday status. I'll accept that, but I have to draw the line somewhere.

1. There's no such thing as a No. 1 seed or a No. 9 seed. Either you're the top seed or you're not. This year, for the first time, I'm hearing talk of the top No. 1 seed as opposed to the second No. 1 seed, which makes this ridiculousness even more ridiculous. The second No. 1 seed is the No. 2 seed. The fourth No. 16 seed is the No. 64 seed. Is that so hard?

2. Don't give me that regional crap. When the University of Hawaii is in the Bangor Regionals, they ain't regionals.

3. Final Four? The event is pretty much defined in term of its final four? ("Woo-hoo! It's the semifinals!")

Am I bitter because, in the first year I didn't place a pool entry reflexively picking my alma mater to win the whole thing, my alma mater won the whole thing? No. Not at all.



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com