<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, March 01, 2004

I LIKE THE CYNICAL TYRANT, but here's something I couldn't disagree with her more about. She loves to write checks! And she's not even old!

I stopped writing checks at bill-paying time the second online banking became available. I stopped writing checks at the supermarket the second credit cards began being accepted. About the only time I write a check these days is when, say, a plumber doesn't accept plastic. Or when I want to add something to the home-equity line. If I didn't trust myself with credit cards, I'd use a debit card.

YOU COULD HAVE GUESSED THIS, but I'm not happy about "The Lord of the Rings: The Huge Pyle o'Cashe" winning all those awards. I was really rooting for "Lost in Translation," but I'm less upset about it losing than I am about "Rings" winning. I'll have to admit, though, that despite my feelings about "Mystic River," Sean Pean probably did do a little more acting than Bill Murray did.



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com