<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, September 30, 2003

SPEAKING OF REALITY TV, the watch-him-put-his-new-knowledge-into-practice portion of the Alan Corey episode of "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" made me laugh out loud more than anything else I can remember. Watch for reruns.

Here's the asterisk: Some of the more hilarious portions of the episode (as when Jessica Simpson declined the offer of a buffalo wing, saying "I don't eat buffalo") seemed too good to be true. And if you look up Alan Corey, you find that he is indeed a real estate success story and practicing skinflint, as portrayed on the show, but mainly -- in a twist not portayed on the show -- he's a comedian. I don't think he's a good-enough comedian to have faked the making-himself-look-dorky moments on "Queer Eye," but I do have to say: Hmmm . . .




This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com