<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, September 01, 2003

A PORCINE PIZZA PRIMER. I'm not a pizza snob. I think Domino's is just fine. I think Bertucci's is pretty darn good. But I do have some standards.

I'm as demanding about vegetable accompaniments as I am picky about the pig products that fit them best. What a shame that green olives are rare and pepperoncini practically unheard of in the D.C.-area pizza world. As it happens, though, I publish this as I'm on a plain-pizza kick, having had gen-yoo-ine New York pizza, which is best plain, last week during our U.S. Open jaunt. (Notice that I said plain, not cheese. Pizza with toppings has cheese, too!)

I apologize in advance for sanctioning the use of pineapple chunks and artichoke hearts on pizza. Please forgive me, Chowhounds. (And I have no idea why Blogger mandates a mile of space between a table and the preceding text, so please keep scrolling .  . .)






VEGETABLE ACCOMPANIMENT   PROPER PIG PRODUCT
Green olivesHam
PepperonciniHam
MushroomsHam
PineappleCanadian bacon
Artichoke heartsProsciutto
OnionsBacon
NothingNothing, pepperoni, or any of the above.




This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com