<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, March 14, 2002

ONE MORE REASON to be skeptical of what you read on the Internet: I've been cited as an authority on blackjack.

I created a beginner's guide to the game two years ago in hopes that some of the first-time Las Vegas visitors at my wedding might work up the courage to sit down at a table and play a little. And because I can't do a damn thing without an all-out Frasier-and-Niles flourish, I snazzied it up and posted it as part of my Las Vegas trip-report site. Until today, it never occurred to me that I was setting myself up as an expert on blackjack, at least not the way I have on other matters. But I suppose it would be hard for the casual visitor to see any difference, and sure enough "Bill on Blackjack" (well, actually "Bil on Blackjack") showed up in a post on the alt.vacation.las-vegas newsgroup.

I'm listening to: Belly, Star
I'm reading: Malcolm Gladwell, The Tipping Point



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com