<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, January 05, 2002

WHILE I'M WHORING for Amazon.com kickback points (The Strokes' "Is This It"! It's great! Also, buy yourself a Canon Digital Elph!), have I mentioned Louis Bayard's novel "Endangered Species"?

Here's how simple I am: The book is set in my neighborhood, so I'm flushed with delight at every mention of the Greek restaurant on Pennsylvania Avenue or the Korean grocer around the corner. But it's a smart and funny read, and I'm sure I'd be saying so even if it didn't start at the Cuban-Mexican restaurant/gay piano bar on Eighth Street SE, Capitol Hill's answer to the Bronx. I'm not gay and I don't want kids, but this is one heck of a book about a gay guy who wants to father a child.





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com